Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Visit to Onederland

--Update--
Current weight: 201 ...ish

The UpSide
On Friday, my friend and I did the Power90 Level 3/4 Sculpt workout. I've only ever done Level 1/2 before but it was only 35mins & pretty mellow for me compared to the intense BodyCombat I'm used to. Well, I was in his bathroom fixin to get in the shower and I saw his scale. I only let myself weigh on Tuesdays but it was such a cool looking digital scale and I was curious. I took off my shoes and hopped on. It danced around the single 2s and upper 190s and stopped....on 199.6! What? So I hopped off and tried again...199.6! I didn't believe it, I called for my friend and made him come look. I wanted to jump up and down but I didn't. I smiled and tried to suppress it. See, he has been losing weight as well, but that very morning had been talking about throwing away his scale, frustrated at recent gain. I didn't want to rub my success in. But he's so amazing. He knew I was excited and told me it was okay. He's always so happy for me. We celebrated with vegetarian pizza and RockBand. Oh, and the post shower bottle of water put me back over, but that's okay. I was there!

The DownSide
So have you seen these disgusting rubbery representations of 5lbs of fat? Well I've lost 23 lbs, thats almost 5 of those. And I just don't see it. I feel better, that's for sure, and I do see a little difference but not 23 blubbery pounds worth. I'm also wearing the same size 14/16 clothes I had when I started. They do look better on me but...?????

I'm getting frustrated but I'm not giving up. This is my life now. And I'm really not sacrificing as much as I used to on "diets". The other day I gave in and picked up Taco Bell on the way home. I enjoyed it but I didn't overeat and the next day was the day I dropped under 200. I can eat good, healthy foods, actually feel full, and still lose weight. I just have to make sure I work it off. No problems there; I've become workout obsessed. It's all a routine. I'm in this for the long haul.

Thanks for reading.
-Anna

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way--I love working out. I also love eating, and I just need to stop when I'm full.

    You're doing great! Keep up the great work, and even if you aren't in Onederland anymore, you are very close. It's just a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...You are FAB-U-LESS! Keep it up!

    23 pounds is a great loss! And you will soon see it!

    I am in the same boat right now, I just don't see the weight I have lost. I guess it takes our brain some time to catch up! LoL.

    You will be seeing ONEderland soon! Don't get discourage and keep being FAB-U-LESS!

    ReplyDelete

You gotta be cruel to be kind.